Tuesday February 28th 2017
I am all about limiting clutter! (Notice I did not say “eliminating.” Let’s be honest here right?) One of my favorite tools for doing so is Ziplist!
My husband and I keep an ongoing grocery list as an attempt to limit our trips to the store. However, I found that I was keeping lists all over, writing items down as they came to mind, and adding to my clutter. Well, put that pen and paper away, Folks, and go to www.ziplist.com! I LOVE this site. It is free and super easy to use. Ziplist is a site that lets you organize, store, and update your grocery list online. All you do is sign up for a free account and, anytime you visit ziplist.com, your grocery list will be there.
Not impressed yet? Here are some of the features I love about Ziplist:
Though it sounds a little like it, this is not a paid advertisement. (However, if you are reading this, Ziplist, please feel free to contact me for an address to send a check.) Ha! I just love this site and wanted to share. My list is done and I am heading out to shop!
- All you do is type the name of the item you want to add to the list, and Ziplist will automatically organize your list into categories (i.e. Produce, Dairy, Canned Goods, etc). This means, I only go down each aisle of the grocery store once!
- You can update your list (add, delete or mark as purchased) online at Ziplist.com, via text, via e-mail, via instant messaging, or via a smartphone app! If you like pen and paper, print that list off and take it with you to the store. If you prefer to go mobile like me, just bring your phone into the store and you have your whole list there.
- You can share your list with friends or family so they can add to that list anytime or anywhere.
- You can keep multiple lists. I keep three lists running: General Grocery, Sam’s Club or Costco, and Lowe’s. That way, I am not skipping through a list trying to find which items I need at the store I am in.
- You can keep a weekly staple list. If you have items you pick up every time you go to the store (i.e. milk, coffee, bananas), you can add all those items to your list with one click.
- If you have recipes you use regularly or want to try a new recipe from ZipList’s bank of recipes, you can click on the recipe and ziplist will add all the ingredients from the recipe to your list.
When you are ready to go shopping, you can print your list, e-mail it to yourself, or access it on your mobile through an app or text to yourself.