I am pleased to report that my corn casserole was a big hit at Thanksgiving and is definitely making the cut for our Christmas dinner. I have to admit, I was a little scared when I was putting it in the oven and I made one tweak in the amount of vanilla (yes… I said vanilla with corn) that I will use in the future.
If you are looking for a tasty veggie based side with a twist, I recommend Corn Casserole! This is my new and improved recipe:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 1 stick butter – melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (10 oz) whole kernel corn (drained) – I have used both regular and sweet corn. Both are delicious!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put all the ingredients, except the corn, into a blender. Blend until combined and smooth.
- Drain the corn and add to the blender. Blend for 15 more seconds.
- Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with Pam (or grease as you prefer).
- Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.