I am a snacker! Dictionary.com defines a “snacker” as a “nosher” or “someone who eats lightly or eats snacks between meals.” Well, the “lightly” part is not always accurate for me, but the rest sounds about right. As a result of my constant appetite, I am always looking for healthy snack options to allow for snacking without guilt. I have read a number of recipes for baked cauliflower snacks on Pinterest and in magazines, but I haven’t gotten the results I wanted from this snack until today. Today, I made a batch of Cauliflower Snackers that were just the way I like them and this is how I did it:
1 Head of Cauliflower
1/8 cup Olive Oil
1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
3/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and clean the cauliflower.
- Cut off the stem and discard. Cut the florets into large bite sized pieces. When cutting these pieces, keep in mind that the pieces will shrink down. This is why I recommend starting with “large” bite size pieces.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the cauliflower evenly over a cookie sheet. (I layered mine on top of parchment paper, but this step is not necessary. Use it if you have it. Don’t worry about it if you don’t.)
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning 3-4 times while cooking. The cauliflower is done when it has browned evenly and has a nice snacky crunch to it. (I like mine extra crunchy, but yours does not need to be quit as brown as mine to be delicious.)
- Enjoy your Cauliflower Snackers on their own or with ketchup, BBQ, spicy mustard, or any other dipping sauce of your choice!